Animal Control

Online Animal Registry

Did you know, you can register your pets with the Glen Carbon Police Department? We understand that sometimes animals get out. With the online registry, if we locate your cat or dog, we will attempt to contract you to return them before taking them to the Madison County Animal Control Center.

You can download and submit this form to place your pet in our database: Animal Registry Form

Reporting Lost or Found Animals

You may report lost or found pets to the Glen Carbon Police Department, at 288-7226. Please be prepared to provide the following:

  • Description of animal, name, collar, tags, or micro chipped
  • Call back phone number, cell number, and address
  • Where the animal was lost or located.
  • If you found a pet outside of Glen Carbon, please contact the police department in the city where the animal was found. Local agencies know local pets and are more likely to get them home!

Wildlife Trapping and Removal

The Glen Carbon Police Department no longer traps or handles wild animals on or around private property. If you have a problem with wildlife on or around your property, you should contact a wildlife or pest control company. Below, is a local list provided by Madison County Rabies Control.

Critter Control – 618-655-9570
Frontier Wildlife Control – 795-6046
Metro-East Wildlife Control – 488-7409
R & M Wildlife Control – 692-0614

If you find a wild animal that is injured or diseased and in need of destruction, monitor the animal from a safe distance and please contact the non-emergency line for the Glen Carbon Police Department at 288-7226.